Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Going Home, If Everyone Spoke Ten Words at a Time

MOTHER
"You're too skinny. I will feed you chocolate now, okay?"

FATHER
"You look beautiful. Mom won't let me eat chocolate. Share?"

15-YEAR-OLD SISTER
"I like playing my three guitars simultaneously at dawn, okay?"

29-YEAR-OLD SISTER
"Gym tonight? What? Mom's taking you out to dinner again?"

2-YEAR-OLD NEPHEW
"Let's play horsies at seven a.m.! You weren't sleeping anyway."

FRIEND FROM HIGH SCHOOL AT DINNER
"So what's your major? Oh, I'll buy you a drink."

MAN BEHIND THE COUNTER IN COFFEE SHOP
"Skim chai latte? What for? Love those shoes on you!"

LADY IN LINE FOR A DRESSING ROOM AT THE THRIFT STORE
"You must be an artist. No? What's literary theory? Oh."

E-MAIL TO BOYFRIEND
"I'm going crazy. My mom is sending you some cookies."

WAITER AT RED LOBSTER
"Whose birthday? You in the pink? Free dessert for everyone!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home